Been there. Done that.
It’s difficult to sum up the career of Temple Of Sound in a few short paragraphs.
Neil Sparkes, is a vocalist, percussionist, poet and painter and Count Dubulah, is responsible for the rolling dub bass lines and soaring melodic guitars.
They have developed a unique writing, production and performance team at the forefront of World Music, Dance and Dub beginning by establishing their dance scene credentials with Transglobal Underground.
The list of people and organisations they have worked with is huge:
- Jah Wobble
- Linton Kwesi Johnson
- The Stranglers’ Jean Jacques Burnel
- Founder of Steel Pulse Mykael Riley
- Dub maestro Adrian Sherwood
- Natacha Atlas
- Rizwan Muazzam Qawwali (nephews of the late great Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)
- Los De Abajo
- Cheb i Sabbah
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- Claude Challe, creator of the Buddah Bar
- Banco De Gaia
- The Fatback Band
- Fashion designers Ferragamo and Valentino (catwalk shows)
- Advertisers such as Pilot Pens and Adobe
- Feature film soundtracks including Stander, Dillo Con Parole Mie and Les Gaous.
- Original soundtracks/incidental music have been composed and produced for features on BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky Sports.
Listen to tracks featuring Temple Of Sound
Gold Of The Sun
Izulu (Li Ya Duma)
The Palace at 4am
Buy the music
Visit the Real World Records website